This is a super quick and tasty recipe I fell in love with. The aubergines are similar to sweet and sour or sticky beef. A great vegetarian/vegan meal with an Asian kick. The dish is paleo and gluten-free!
Four simple steps
1. Cut the aubergines into a tick chip size, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and stirfry until cooked (about 20 minutes)
Here I added some green garlic while the aubergine was cooking. This is optional.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce
3. Cook noodles or pasta replacement of your choice.
You can use spiralised zucchini, shredded cabbage, noodles or any other pasta of your choice. We had it with normal egg noodles which resulted in an amazing comfort food dish and shredded cabbage (lightly boiled) when we wanted to be healthier.
4. When aubergine is cooked add the sauce, and cook until reduced. Finally season and Enjoy.
- 2 medium aubergines
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 portions noodles or pasta alternative
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- fresh coriander
- Spring onion
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- piece of fresh ginger
- Cut the aubergines into thick chips, place in a large bowl and drizzle with salt and olive oil.
- Stirfry the aubergines in a non-stick pan until softened and browned (about 20 minutes).
- In the meantime prepare the sauce by combining the ingredients and set aside.
- Cook the pasta of your choice.
- Once aubergines are cooked, add the sauce and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes while the sauce reduces.
- Serve aubergine on top of pasta and drizzle with sesame seeds, spring onions and fresh coriander.